The committee and captains have been working hard in preparation for the upcoming hockey season, in which the club will celebrate its 25th anniversary. We hope you are all raring to go!
– FIXTURES: National mens fixtures start 31 August, Central & National ladies on 7 September and East District matches on 21 September.
– TRAINING: Weekly training sessions will take place at the East Fettes astro from 7 – 9pm on Tuesdays for men and Wednesdays for ladies. There will be alternate training sessions on Thursdays.
* MENS – a number of interclub games will kick off the season, starting on Tuesday 30 July with a M1 vs M2 friendly. Then weekly sessions for all players from Tuesday 6 August. Captains will be in touch regards friendlies.
* LADIES – player selection for Ladies 1s starts on Thursday 1 August with a series of interclub games. Initial pre season squad has been contacted. If you also wish to be considered please let your current captain know, who will be happy to put you forward. Initial 1s squad will then be selected by mid August.
Weekly training for all ladies players starts on Wednesday 21 August. Again, there will be a series of interclub games for team selection.
– FIRST SOCIAL EVENT – Saturday 24 August
The first sociable meet of the season will be at the annual first teams’ Invitational Tournament. Saturday will conclude with a match featuring the original ESM old boys line up to kick off our 25th anniversary year. Please come along and support the guys who founded your club and see some vintage fashion on the pitch! This will be followed by drinks at the clubhouse – a great chance to catch up with your club mates after the summer break.
We are welcoming new players of all standards in both mens and ladies sections, so do pass on training information to anyone you know who is keen. If you or they have any questions, please contact your captain or myself at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look forward to seeing you all soon,