ESM Hockey Club welcomes the support of parents and guardians in ensuring that that all Youth Section members have fun and stay safe while participating in hockey.
All parents/guardians should:
- encourage their children to learn the rules of hockey and play within the rules and to respect officials and coaches decisions – no matter what
- encourage their children to respect their coaches and fellow players by listening attentively when instructions are being given and not distracting other players during training
not use bad language, nor will they harass players, officials, coaches or other spectators
- teach their children to respect the efforts of their opponents, be impartial, consistent, objective and courteous when making decisions
- remember that children learn best by example so they will applaud good plays/performances by both their child’s team and their opponents
- give positive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort and will not criticise the team’s performance after a game
focus on their children’s efforts and performance – not the score
- thank the coaches, officials and other volunteers who give their time to conduct the event for their children and encourage their children to do so
- ensure their children are wearing appropriate clothing for the weather and correct protective equipment i.e. mouth guards and shin pads
ensure their children are delivered and collected punctually to all training sessions, games and events.
- respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in the game, regardless of their gender, ability or cultural background
Thank you for helping to make the Club a welcoming and positive environment for all young players to learn effectively and fully enjoy the sport.
Last updated: April 2019